Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

For My Friends.

A few months ago...early June to be precise, a few of my good friends and I traveled for the first time together. As we sat down and ate our final meal of the trip..we reminisced a bit on all that happened that weekend..and then, at the end of the meal when it came time to pay, one of our friends cheerfully said he was going to pay for it all.
And that's when I started crying. I was pretty tired and worn out by then...so the emotions were pretty high strung...but I cried at that moment because for the longest time I've been looking for someone...someone to love. ONE person to love, to spoil, to travel with, to be there for, to take care of, to share my dreams with, and have that person share their dreams with me, to cook for, to eat with, to validate me...to appreciate me for all that I am...for better or for worse. To want to wipe my tears away. To listen to my day. To want me to listen to theirs'. To admire and to inspire.
All this time...I've been searching for The One. All this time...we do that...BUT...God went above and beyond and gave me not just one...but SEVERAL "One's" that have graced my life this year.

I write this entry as a reminder to myself that there is no need to search or wait for just one special person...but rather...to be loved by a few beautiful friends. That is life enriching. And a blessing that should never be overlooked.

*Cheers*

To many more wine down Fridays.
To cooking and food escapades.
To traveling.
To spontaneity.
To "living in the moment".
To being each others' #1 cheerleaders.
To dreams.
To the bucket list.
To the ugly truth.
To spoiling each other.
To overplanning and being care-free.
To long email chains and chat sessions.
To venting.
To memories.
To our future babies playing and growing up together :).

I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment